My first wishes, based on the first (very positive) contact with this beta:
- Gravity: this is my very first wish, the ability to include mass, relative to the material selected, in the calculation of the loads.
- objects as restraints: bolts inside holes, for example, in order to simulate hinges in simple static studies.
- multiple materials/objects: if the condition above is possible we can approach to basic interaction with frequent architectural problems (steel frames combined with glass panels, etc) where the displacement component is an issue.
- objects as loads: suppose that we have a heavy bookshelf, or a milling machine on the floor; we can simulate them with a simple volume that replicates the contact area and move them around, without modifications on the geomtry of the structure (faces to select for load conditions etc)
- wind, as a vectorial load: maybe we've to wait for some fluids support for that
- in View mode, min and max points spotted on geometry (displacement, Von Mises)
- a numerical report showing the actual maximum values (+ and -) expressed in N/mm2 (or other selectable formats, like N/m2, N/cm2 etc); this can be very usefull when working on structures
- the ability to know the actual weight of the objects based on the associated materials (properties page, for ex.)
My 2 cents