Scan-and-Solve for Rhino

Simulate Early, Simulate Often... In Rhino

I'd like to request the above material. I could probably look up the properties and edit the db myself, but I'm not really qualified to even be using this plugin, let alone messing around with that. :)

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All I did was to load up the db file in a text editor and simply copied and pasted say the last entry and then
modified the name and values related to the new material - making sure that the numbers are located within
the same columns (Not sure that this is absolutely necessary). It seems to work fine. The new material appears in the combo list. The program sorts the list by name automatically so you will not necessarily find your new material at the bottom.
Yes, it's not hard to edit the db file, I just mean I shouldn't be looking up numbers to plug in that I don't remotely understand.
Apologies for misunderstanding your question. I hope that I have understood your
question this time

I think that the only parameters that are relevant (for the current capabilities) are

Being Steel based

Density would be around 7800 kg/m3
Young's Modulus would be around 200E9 to 220 E9 N/m2
Yield Stress would be around 480E6 to 690E6 depending on heat treatment
and the Poisson's Ratio For most metals this will be around 0.3

The others are not used at the moment because it only does a mechanical Load structural analysis

RSS

FOLLOW SCAN&SOLVE

© 2024   Created by Michael Freytag.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service